Sri Lanka is an island off the southeast coast of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is separated from India by the Indian Ocean, in which lies the chain of islands called Adam’s Bridge.
Ancient Buddhist sites in Sri-Lanka include Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Panduwasnuwara and Yapahuwa. All these places contain the remains of a great civilization which grew through the centuries under the influence of Buddhism, a gentle faith still preserved in Sri Lanka in its purest form.
The Sri Lankan standard foods are spicy and it is advised to approach curries with caution. There are many vegetables, fruits, meats and seafood’s available. Continental, Chinese, Indian and Japanese menus are available in Colombo and other touristic places. The specialty is basic curry, made with coconut milk, sliced onion, green chilies, aromatic spices such as cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, saffron and aromatic leaves.
Sri Lanka is without a doubt one of the most scenic places on the planet, and well worth visiting. Sri-lanka is world renowned for thick, tropical jungles, its tea garden, elephant orphanage, perfect beaches and an entire calendar of colorful festivals.
Major Attractions in Sri-lanka tour
• Upon arrival, you will be received by our representative at the airport. • Check-into the hotel in Colombo.
• Check into the hotel in Dambulla, with one of our well experienced chauffeur guide. • On the way to Dambulla - en-route visit Pinnawela.
• Proceed to climb the Sigiriya rock fortress – UNESCO World heritage site ROCK CLIMBING – 2 to 3 hours • Proceed to Habarana. • Return to the hotel in Dambulla.
• Checkout from the hotel in Dambulla. • Proceed to Kandy. • En-route - visit the Dambulla Rock cave temple and the Spice Garden in Matale. • Check in to the hotel in Kandy.
Proceed to Kandy for a city tour.
• A chauffeur will meet you at the hotel lobby and brief you on the attractions of Nuwara Eliya. • Visit a Tea Factory. • Stop at Ramboda waterfalls. • Visit Hanuman Temple. Check-in to a hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Proceed to Nuwara Eliya for a city tour.
Proceed to your resort in Bentota, a famous beach destination located on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka.
• Visit Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery, to take a look at the practice of turtle conservation. • Head on to the Madu River, a preserved wild life sanctuary. • Visit Galle Fort -an Old Dutch Fort and a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site. • Return to the hotel in Bentota.
Depart for Colombo.
I hope you had a wonderful trip with Earthbound Expeditions. Your picture is on…
Your tripinformation has been gently taken from your desk and travelled half way across…
From the moment you arrive to the day we have to say our farewell…
Beside travel and trekking business Earthbound Expeditions also believe in our responsibility towards our…
We run our tours in the way that feels comfortable to the clients. Our…
We understand that you plan your holiday after going through so many hectic times.…
All our leaders and guides are well trained to lead the trips. They have…
All of our listed package itineraries are tested for the suitability and have been…
The company has excelled the services to its clients from around the world with…
in our Sri-lanka tour 2 - 2.5 hours drive to airport. • Please keep your departure at noon time, for this day. • An extra night in Colombo is USD 77 per person (twin sharing rooms) • Single rooms - USD 137 • If you wish to visit early or later and want to include the airport transfers separately, it will cost an extra USD 47 per person. • Airport pickups are collective.
An Award-wining responsible Travel company tha has been recently featured in